8.20.2011

Guess what?

Hi :)

Let me just start off by saying that I am very very very excited...because....Creating Keepsakes Magazine is holding their 2nd annual "Teen Talent Search" this year. Out of hundreds of entries they chose their top 10 contestants this week and....drum roll please....I AM A FINALIST!!!! My bulletin board won a top 10 spot! The top 10 projects were chosen by the editors of CK, but the 1st place winner will be chosen by the PEOPLE. Yes, that means you need to go vote for my project to win!! Voting opens on August 29th and goes until September 5th so there is only one week to vote. I'll post the link for voting as soon as it opens. If you can help me out, please do! It would be so appreciated. :)

Check out the contest details here.

-------------------------------------------------------
But on to a project,

This page was a bit of a step out of my comfort zone...I used a lot more details and techniques than usual. :)



The background behind the pictures is white paint that i sponged on.
The edges of the kraft cardstock were dipped in water, rolled, sanded and inked with distress ink.
You can't tell in the picture, but many of the embellishments have stickled edges. (is stickled a word??)

 Thanks so much for reading my blog :)


2 comments: